MEMBERSHIP - REQUIREMENTS & PROCESS
- You must be a resident of the Endwell Fire District;
- You must be 16 years or older (under 18 requires approval of parent or guardian);
- You must agree to a background and arson history check;
- You must have a medical exam
- You must submit an application to the fire company.
- Your application will be presented to the membership at the next monthly meeting of the Fire Company (2nd Saturday of each month).
- The membership committee will contact you to come in for an interview;
- Your name will be submitted to the Sheriff's Department for a background check.
Note: New York State Law prohibits anyone convicted of arson from being a member of a fire company.
- The membership will vote on your application for membership at the next monthly meeting.
Once accepted you will be required to attend a 14-week recruit class where you will learn the basics of firefighting. At the completion of the training period, you will participate in a live burn training exercise. Upon successful completion of training you will be able to respond to calls as a firefighter.
Contact us today for additional information about joining our fire department